The ISMRM 2015 Tractography Challenge seeked to evaluate and compare state-of-the-art tractography pipelines. The main bottleneck of tractography evaluation is the unavailability of groundtruths. We overcome this limitation with a new data generation process using Fiberfox, which allows to create a groundtruth for scoring using the Tractometer online evaluation system.
The task of the challenge was to provide the best possible reconstruction of fiber pathways in a realistically simulated replication of a whole brain diffusion-weighted MR image with properties typical of a clinical acquisition. The contestants were expected to process the challenge dataset using their best processing pipeline, as if they were asked to process the dMRI data of a clinical patient to produce the best possible tractography result. There were no constraints on the processing steps or running time, as we only expected to receive the tractogram file.
The challenge is now closed. However, you can still download the data and work with it.
You can find the various sections here and in the submenu:
- Description of the phantom creation process.
- Download page for the DWI data that was offered at the time of the submission.
- Links to the standalone tool: score your own tractogram!
- Results of the scoring of all submissions
- Examples of processed data..
Peter Neher1, Jean-Christophe Houde2, Emmanuel Caruyer3, Alessandro Daducci2,4, Tim Dyrby5, Klaus Maier-Hein1, Bram Stieltjes6, Maxime Descoteaux2
1Medical Image Computing Group (MIC), German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) 2Sherbrooke Connectivity Imaging Lab (SCIL), Université de Sherbrooke 3CNRS, IRISA, UMR 6074 VISAGES project-team, Rennes, France 4Signal Processing Lab (LTS5), Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland 5Diffusion Imaging Group, Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance (DRCMR), Denmark 6University Hospital Basel, Radiology & Nuclear Medicine Clinic
- (2022-09-08) An example of processed data has been added in the ISMRM 2015 tractography challenge results page. A set of curated ground truth bundles has been added, along with code and ROIs that can be used for segmentation during scoring, in the Tools page.